Bellin College seeks to honor and uphold an inclusive and welcoming attitude toward diversity in all shapes and forms. We are dedicated to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment illustrated through the beliefs and actions of our workforce and student body. By utilizing education, engagement, and application of the prior principles, our goal is to make all feel safe, welcome, and valued. It is the priority of the college to foster a passion to uphold our stated goals, so that we may positively influence our communities.
- Acknowledging that diversity is holistic. We understand that the definition is constantly evolving. Our definition of diversity includes but is not limited to race, ethnicity, color, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, class, religion, disability, age, military status, visa status, economic status, geographic location, and language/linguistic ability.
- As individuals, we all carry our identities into our personal and professional interactions. We encourage our community members to seek out opportunities to learn from those with perspectives different from their own.
- Creating an inclusive work environment where all people feel safe, valued, and respected.
- We commit to identifying institutional barriers to a welcoming and respectful living, learning, and work environment, and allocating resources to remove them.
- Providing individuals with the resources to gain awareness and understanding of cultural identities and develop competencies of DEI through best practices training.
- Spreading awareness that DEI is a commitment and philosophy of Bellin College.
- Continuing to adapt and learn about better ways to demonstrate equality and equity amongst all.