Students are expected to follow Bellin College rules and conduct themselves in a manner compatible with its values. Violations of College rules, including violations of the American Nurses' Association Code of Ethics (2015), will be handled administratively and may result in disciplinary action, such as monitoring, probation, or dismissal.
Any student who behaves poorly or has a detrimental influence on other students, will be disciplined based upon the severity of the offense.
- Never act in a manner that would pose a threat to the health (physical and/or mental) or safety of a member or members of the College community.
- Never conduct himself or herself in a disorderly, lewd, indecent, or obscene manner on College’s property or at College sponsored or supervised functions.
- Always conduct himself or herself appropriately to reflect a professional healthcare provider. When engaging in College activities, students should project a professional image in both their attire and demeanor.
- A consensual dating or sexual relationship between any College employee and a student is deemed unprofessional and is therefore prohibited, unless the two people are married. A violation of this policy may result in disciplinary action including dismissal.
All coursework submitted must be an original representation of the student’s work. Plagiarism, unauthorized collaboration and/or submission of another person’s work are not permitted.
- A student who registers must be the same person who participates in, completes, and receives the academic credit.
- Never forge, alter, or misuse College documents, records or other College or hospital/healthcare agency records.
- Never steal or damage property belonging to the College, hospitals, community, or an individual.
- Only use College or practicum facilities as authorized and appropriate.
College Operation Responsibilities
- Be honest in all activities relating to the education program.
- Never obstruct or disrupt teaching activities, administrative functions or other College or practicum activities.
- Always uphold the rules, regulations, and College policies.
- Always comply with the directions of College personnel.
- Always uphold rules of any College, university, medical, hospital or community facility associated with the College.
Welfare, Health, and Safety Responsibilities Students shall:
- Never use, possess, or distribute narcotics, hallucinogens, mind, or body-altering drugs, controlled substances, or dangerous drugs except as expressly permitted by law.
- Never consume, possess, distribute or be under the influence of alcoholic beverages in violation of Wisconsin State Law or College policy.
- Never misuse fire emergency equipment such as alarms, emergency phones, call buttons, fire extinguishers, hoses, etc.
- Never possess or use firearms, explosives, dangerous weapons, or other items that could injure people or property while on Bellin College, Bellin Health, or clinical site property.
- Never smoke or use tobacco on Bellin College property and adhere to such policies of clinical agencies.
Students not in compliance with these responsibilities are subject to disciplinary action, including monitoring, probation, or dismissal. An immediate suspension may result in an ask to participate in an alcohol, drug, or other screening. The student in question may be put on temporary suspension until the incident has been investigated by appropriate college personnel and results in the student’s return to good standing, probation, or dismissal.