Due to extenuating circumstances, a student may need to bring a minor to class. The student must seek faculty approval prior to coming to class. Minor attendance at lab or clinical are not permitted. The following serves as guidelines:
- Minors should not be allowed in classrooms unless permission is granted by the faculty member. If a minor becomes disruptive, the faculty member may require the student and minor to leave. The faculty member should discuss minor attendance with the student if it begins to occur frequently.
- A minor should not be left unattended while the parent or guardian is attending class or conducting any other business or social function on campus.
- Line of sight supervision of the minor by the parent or guardian is required at all times.
- Minors are not allowed in high-risk areas.
- A waiver of liability for minors may be signed as appropriate.